The club 2017 Christmas party and presentation evening was held on 15th December at Glossop Cricket Club.
Well done to the following trophy winners:-
- Elizabeth Greenaway winner of the Most Improved Lady Player trophy
- Neal Linsky winner of the Most Improved Gentleman Player Shield
- Anne Donoghue winner of the Team Merit, Ladies Team, Tameside League
- Martin Coombes winner of the Team Merit, Mens Veterans Team, Tameside League
- Walter Smith winner of the Team Merit, Mens Veterans Team, North Derbyshire League
- Walter Smith winner of the Team Merit, Saturday Team, Longdendale League
- Anne Donoghue and Walter Smith winner of the Joe Bassett Shield
- Luke Jones winner of the Harold Ingerson Trophy
- Ladies Team, Runners Up, Tameside Ladies League 3rd Division (promoted to 2nd Division)
- Mens Veterans Team, Tameside League, winners of Stamford Knockout Cup
Click here for pictures of the trophy winners.
Eunice Coombes, Tameside Ladies team captain, pictured at the League’s presentation evening on 24th November, collecting the runners up trophy on behalf of the team.
It is with great pleasure that we can announce that Capstone Financial Management are to provide an ongoing level of sponsorship for the club.
To inaugurate this, Capstone recently hosted free of charge a financial management presentation for interested members at Glossop Cricket Club. This was very well received by the members attending.
The club is very pleased to be make this announcement and is looking forward to a mutually beneficial period of cooperation with Capstone over the coming seasons.
93 High Street West
Tel: 01457 601 608
The club AGM was held on 6th November 2017. Details of Officers, Greenkeepers, Captains and Vice Captains for 2018 are detailed below:-
Election of Officers and volunteers
President and Chairman – N Linsky
Treasurer – D Howell
Secretary – B Buckland
Minutes Secretary – M Hargreaves
Membership Secretary – D Howell
Auditor – S Linsky
Website admin – N Linsky
Club Outing and uniform – B Taylor
Club keys – H Prady
B Buckland, J Favell, N Linsky, B Clayton, W Smith, F Winder, M Coombes
Election of Club Captains and Vice-Captains
Stockport Pairs – B Buckland (c)
High Peak Mixed Pairs – B Taylor (c) H Prady (vc)
Tameside Ladies – E Coombes (c) S Linsky (vc)
Tameside Men – M Coombes (c) W Smith (vc)
North Derbyshire – K Charlton (c) B Buckland (vc)
Longdendale – W Smith (c)
Click here to download a copy of the minutes of the meeting.
After 4 years as club Secretary it’s time to say goodbye to Stan Perkins whose leaving the club to spend more time with his family in Frodsham.
Stan has been a member of the club for more than 10 years and has been an excellent Secretary. In addition Stan has undertaken regular green-keeping duties over the years.
We wish you and your wife Hazel well for the future.
A reminder to members that this year’s Xmas bash is to be held at the Glossop Cricket and Bowls Club (North Road) on Friday 15th December starting at 7.30pm. Its a chance to let your hair down and get into the spirit of Christmas whilst at the same time applauding those members who have excelled in the club this year. There’s a great buffet, entertainment throughout the evening and a raffle (what more could you want).
Tickets priced at £15 (as per last year) are currently on sale from your team captains and Bryan Buckland the new club Secretary.
As in previous years members are asked to donate a raffle prize. (Please bring these with you but don’t wrap them up.)
The 2017 Annual General Meeting of the club will be held on Monday 6th November 2017 at the Commercial Inn, Manor Park Road, Glossop, commencing at 7.15 pm. All club members are cordially invited to attend.
The following club officer roles are tabled for election on the night:
Nomination of candidates for the above roles should be made to the club chairman no later than Monday 23rd October 2017.
Nominations should include, in addition to the name of the candidate, the name of the members proposing and seconding the nomination.
The season has ended for Manor Park and here is a summary of how each of our teams performed.
North Derbyshire League: Played 22 won 10. Finished 7th/11th in table.
Tameside Men’s Vets League: Played 20 won 13. Finished 4th/11th in table and winners of the Stamford Trophy
Tameside Ladies League. Played 16 won 12. Finished 2nd/9th in table. Promoted to the second division.
Longdendale League. Played 16 won 3. Finished 9th/9th in table.
Stockport League. Played 20 won 9. Finished 6th/12 in table.
High Peak Mixed Pairs League. Played 24 won 3. Finished 12th/13th in table.
Full details of results, averages, individual player scores etc. can be found on the league websites. These can be found via our “Fixtures and Results” section.
Delegate meeting Monday 9th October
- Purchased tickets for presentation evening on Friday 24th November
- Discussed Safeguarding which the British Crown Green are introducing where all clubs need someone trained in this with implementation in 18 months time
- The committee decided that James North would not receive any money for promotion this will go to a charity instead
- Willow Wood Hospice are arranging tours of the hospice anyone is welcome to attend dates 13th/ 14th & 24th November at 2pm tour lasts approx 1 ½ hours tele no: 0161 330 1100
- The chair wanted us to ask our members if they could identify anything that would encourage more of an uptake in the competitions run during the season. They were disappointed with this year’s attendance and said it may not be worth running these competitions in the future
- Victoria Park Ladies teams will be moving to Oxford Park
The next meeting is on 13th November where proposals for the AGM will be taken. Please let Eunice Coombes or Sue Linsky know if you have anything that needs raising.
(Notes taken by Sue Linsky)
Manor Park Bowling Club and Capstone Financial Management invite members and guests to an exclusive Afternoon Tea and Financial Planning in Retirement event on Wednesday 25th October at 2 pm at Glossop Cricket Club, hosted by Capstone Financial Management.
Topics will include:-
- How to make the most of your retirement
- Your options to minimise your tax liabilities
- How recent changes to pensions affect you and your wealth
- Inheritance tax planning: making sure your family are protected.
Click here for further details
Please confirm attendance by 13th October, along with details of your guests by contacting the Capstone Marketing Manager, Holly Smith on 01457 601 608 or 07792 658 556 or emailing email@example.com