The 2017 Annual General Meeting of the club will be held on Monday 6th November 2017 at the Commercial Inn, Manor Park Road, Glossop, commencing at 7.15 pm. All club members are cordially invited to attend.
The following club officer roles are tabled for election on the night:
Nomination of candidates for the above roles should be made to the club chairman no later than Monday 23rd October 2017.
Nominations should include, in addition to the name of the candidate, the name of the members proposing and seconding the nomination.
The season has ended for Manor Park and here is a summary of how each of our teams performed.
North Derbyshire League: Played 22 won 10. Finished 7th/11th in table.
Tameside Men’s Vets League: Played 20 won 13. Finished 4th/11th in table and winners of the Stamford Trophy
Tameside Ladies League. Played 16 won 12. Finished 2nd/9th in table. Promoted to the second division.
Longdendale League. Played 16 won 3. Finished 9th/9th in table.
Stockport League. Played 20 won 9. Finished 6th/12 in table.
High Peak Mixed Pairs League. Played 24 won 3. Finished 12th/13th in table.
Full details of results, averages, individual player scores etc. can be found on the league websites. These can be found via our “Fixtures and Results” section.
Delegate meeting Monday 9th October
- Purchased tickets for presentation evening on Friday 24th November
- Discussed Safeguarding which the British Crown Green are introducing where all clubs need someone trained in this with implementation in 18 months time
- The committee decided that James North would not receive any money for promotion this will go to a charity instead
- Willow Wood Hospice are arranging tours of the hospice anyone is welcome to attend dates 13th/ 14th & 24th November at 2pm tour lasts approx 1 ½ hours tele no: 0161 330 1100
- The chair wanted us to ask our members if they could identify anything that would encourage more of an uptake in the competitions run during the season. They were disappointed with this year’s attendance and said it may not be worth running these competitions in the future
- Victoria Park Ladies teams will be moving to Oxford Park
The next meeting is on 13th November where proposals for the AGM will be taken. Please let Eunice Coombes or Sue Linsky know if you have anything that needs raising.
(Notes taken by Sue Linsky)
Manor Park Bowling Club and Capstone Financial Management invite members and guests to an exclusive Afternoon Tea and Financial Planning in Retirement event on Wednesday 25th October at 2 pm at Glossop Cricket Club, hosted by Capstone Financial Management.
Topics will include:-
- How to make the most of your retirement
- Your options to minimise your tax liabilities
- How recent changes to pensions affect you and your wealth
- Inheritance tax planning: making sure your family are protected.
Click here for further details
Please confirm attendance by 13th October, along with details of your guests by contacting the Capstone Marketing Manager, Holly Smith on 01457 601 608 or 07792 658 556 or emailing email@example.com
Manor Park bowling club extends it’s condolences to the family of Jean Johnson who died earlier this week after a short illness. At their final game of the season on 7th October the Longdendale team stood for a minutes silence in respect of Jean, who had been a club member for many years.
A service will be held at Dukinfield Crematorium on Wednesday 18th October at 1.30 pm.
Tameside League Vets. 19th September. Cedar B (165) Manor Park (189) – Stamford Cup Final played at Stamford Park
High Peak Mixed Pairs. 21st September. Fairfield (84) Manor Park (46)